Friday 1 February 2013

If You Were the Only Girl by Anne Bennett

Thank you to all the people who read about my next Big Thing which was, of course,  the publication of my book, If You Were The Only Girl, which hit the bookshelves on 17th January.  Many events were planned to promote this book, but the weather had other ideas.  I was due to go down to Birmingham, where the book is set, to give talks on Thursday 24th and Friday 25th January, but Tuesday night it began to snow, and snowed all that night and through the next day. The libraries had to be closed and the staff sent home, and even the M6 was closed at one point. The promotion was understandably delayed for three weeks and the talks are now going to be on 14th and 15th of February, which I am really looking forward to.

The story We'll Meet Again did appear in My Weekly on 26th January however, and The People's Friend ran an article on me this week. The story I wrote for them, now titled She Couldn't Help It  will be in the next issue, which is all good news.  So now the next Big Thing is my launch, which will be next Friday and is for my Novelista friends to celebrate with me.  Champagne and cake will, I'm sure, be the order of the day so cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you, so don't be shy . . .